Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Temptation and Addiction

I heard an interesting quote today that said "your addictions teach you that you will never have enough of what you don't need". When it comes to fabric, I am afraid that completely applies to me.

For those of you who know me, or know my shops, or just take a look around here on my blog, you can see I make jewelry. I am not one that sews or even likes sewing. I have, on occasion, and only because of desperation or boredom unpacked my sewing machine to dabble or create something only to, in VERY short order, pack it away again out of disgust at my abominable sewing skills.

That being said, I have a weakness that you would not expect. I absolutely LOVE gorgeous fabrics. Fabrics of all textures, colors, patterns, I just want to have it dreaming (though as previously explained not likely) to create something wonderful.

There are so many shops on Etsy that have gorgeous fabrics and, yesterday, I came across another. I must say it is good that I just paid my etsy bill or I would have purchased way too much of this fabric! However, I am still contemplating purchasing some and, once again, being deluded into thinking I can complete a project.

The shop is: MaterialGal and here is only a small sampling of Stephanie's fabrics.











These are all fat quater collections she has put together for a project called "Scarf Along" that is going on at another blog.
Julie from JoysHope.com is being kind to many out there like me who for some reason feel the need to sew but lack the necessary skills. She is taking some brave souls by the hand and leading them through a journey of sewing-self-discovery.
So, there you have it. They have made it very easy for us. Perfect little gorgous bundles of fabric that are impossible to resist, and someone kind enough to guide us in a sewing journey.
If you are a reluctant sewer like me I encourage you to take the plunge and join in! Click on the pictures above and they will take you to Stephanie's MaterialGal shop to get your fabric. Then go to JoysHope.com and follow along. I am still on the fence about joining in, but keep an eye out, you never know.. I just might surprise myself.

1 comment:

hatjunkie said...

Once, in a fabric shop, I stood in line behind a woman with a lot of fabric. When the woman behind the counter asked her what she was planning on making with all that, she replied, "a pile." Even a pile of fabric is a creation. Thanks for the comment on my blog. In a strange way the broken arm story made me feel a little better. Very funny.