I pop out one of the smaller molds and find a little more water in the mold as well as the bottom is sticky. I wonder if I should have let it sit longer. Just as determined as I am, I am also just as impatient. Maybe not a good combination!
I take the slicer and slice through. The color seems pretty consistent except for the thin "crust" on the top. I know from what I have read that comes from too much heat loss during saponification. (again, Darn cold front!)
I pop out the next mold and it is pretty much the same. Watery bottom and thin crust on top. On to the the large log. As you can see, the bottom also had some moisture. I have a couple of cuts on my hands and that REALLY stings! I wonder if it is the lye separated out. That is also a problem from too little insulation. Darn!
So, once again I forge on, cut and arrange this soap for curing. Now, this does have more hope than the first batch because it really smells nice.
And, at the cleanup, it was nice to see a nice lather. Smaller but more bubbles. At least something went right!(edit: reading on i found a forum where it indicated it would be okay to touch your tounge to the soap to see if the lye separated. it should feel like a "shock" if there is too much lye. So I tried it and, yes, it felt like touching your tounge to a battery! funny, but disappointing. but the lye should neutralize during curing since it was just a slight separation. only the top feels like a shock, the rest of the surfaces are fine. Have a good laugh picturing me licking the soap. hey, it was just one piece!)