Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Sweet Treat in the Mail

Today I received a surprise from one of my chat buddies, Vintage Confections. She sent me a candy sampler.

I went to check the mail and these lovelies were sitting on my porch (thank you mailman for not putting them in the sun!)

Well, I have a huge sweet tooth and could not wait to taste these~

I first pulled out a Vanilla marshmallow. These were huge! and so fluffy! I don't see these in her shop at the moment (probably sold out) but they were rich with vanilla flavor, so fluffy, not heavy or sticky and melt in your mouth YUM! She has some Dulce de leche marshmallows which look very delicious, too.

Next I tried a Cashew Nougat . This was so delicious~ Perfectly sweet with the salty crunch and chewy nougat that wasn't too chewy, just perfect.

My daughter grabbed something I believe was a French Sea Salt Caramel , because it had a little salty sweetness. She shared part and it was very delicious. Perfect caramel consistency. Softer than supermarket caramels and much deeper, richer caramel flavor.


I haven't tried the rest (pacing myself) but I am completely positive they will all be as delicious.
I really recommend this seller, VintageConfections.etsy.com if you are looking for superior homemade candies.

6 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Now I want candy!

vivian said...

wow! lucky you! I've always wanted to try homemade marshmellows. Now i'm thinking I need something sweet to eat!
have a great weekend!
vivian

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

yum!!!! so much better to get candy from the mailman then bills :)

AliciaMae said...

*drool* :)

Beedeebabee said...

Oh my gosh, those look so delicious! My mouth is watering. I'm going to check out her store. Eat one for me! Paulette :o)

eclairre said...

Those caramel creams are one of my FAVORITE candies to buy at the store... They are TO DIE for. I could only imagine how good homemade ones taste!