Monday, January 19, 2009

Promises of Spring

What a wonderful surprise I found in my back garden yesterday. I shared with you all last week my pre-spring clean up of my garden. During that cleanup I was pulling weeds, one of which is called "butterfly weed". It is huge and very invasive but caterpillars love it!
While pulling it I noticed a caterpillar feasting on the leaves. I decided to leave it. Not expecting this wonderful surprise. Yesterday, while wandering back there this wonderful butterfly caught my eye. Not far below, the chrysalis it had emerged from recently. I was so glad I took the time to pay attention to what I was removing and left the caterpillar to it's lunch.

My garden was blessed, even for a short while, with this wonderful butterfly. A promise that spring is not far away!


3 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how pretty!!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Gorgeous closeup!

Cathie said...

gorgeous! i love butterflies.
isn't nature fabulously amazing?